The Model RS is a heavy-duty safety control that provides a positive shut off of dangerous equipment in an emergency. A cable pulled by endangered personnel actuates the control. The output contacts of the Model RS-2 can control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
Safety minded operators of conveyors, production lines, elevator equipment, assembly lines, material handling systems, cranes, etc. consider it a must for employee protection. Most states have safety statutes that require these switches on conveyors and related equipment. American National Standard Institute recommends their use in ANSI standard No. ASME B20.1-1993-5.11.
• The housing is cast aluminum, with optional epoxy or polyester coatings available. These coatings will provide protection against corrosion that is equal or greater than cast iron.
• The unit is actuated by a cable pulled from either or both directions on every unit; in other words, the unit is "double ended".
• The unit is mounted with three (3) 3/8" bolts on the conveyor by drilling (3) 13/32" diameter holes. Please see Installation Instructions.
• General purpose (weatherproof) units have (3) 3/4" NPT conduit openings.
• Explosion proof units have (1) 3/4" NPT conduit opening.
• The standard units have dry, unpowered SP/DT microswitch(es) rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240VAC, and 480 VAC; 1/2 amp at 125 VDC and 1/4 amp at 250 VDC.
• The operating temperature range is -40ºF (-40ºC) to 150ºF (65ºC).
• The general purpose units are rated NEMA 4/4X weatherproof and corrosion-resistant. Explosionproof units are rated NEMA 7/9 for dust ignitionproof and vapor explosion proof. The dual-rated "D" units are rated NEMA 4 weatherproof and NEMA 9 dust ignitionproof.
• The general-purpose controls are IP65 compliant.
• Most models are UL listed and CSA certified.
|RS-1||N/A One SP/DT micro switch||N/A 12 lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RS-2||N/A Two SP/DT micro switches||N/A 12 lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RS-2L||N/A Two SP/DT micro switches with Light||N/A 13 lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RS-1X||N/A Explosion Proof with one SP/DT micro switch - No Light (for NEMA 7 and 9)||N/A 12 lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RS-2X||N/A Explosion Proof with Two SP/DT micro Switches - No Light (for NEMA 7 and 9)||N/A 12 lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RSB-1||N/A One SP/DT switch w/ cable break detection||N/A N/A lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RSB-2||N/A Two SP/DT switches w/ cable break detection||N/A N/A lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RSB-1X||N/A Explosion Proof with 1 SP/DT switch and cable break detection||N/A N/A lb||N/A ISO 9001|
|RSB-2X||N/A Explosion Proof with 1 SP/DT switch and cable break detection||N/A N/A lb||N/A ISO 9001|