When harnessed by proper mounting of the turbine vibrator, this rotary vibration is transferred through the hopper or bin wall to the material within. As the material vibrates it is displaced from the hopper wall reducing friction and allowing gravity to restore material flow. Proper mounting also disperses the rotary vibration over a large area producing uniform material flow. Since rotary vibration is directional, material will be encouraged to flow in the direction of the rotating turbine wheel.
Turbine vibrators use compressed air to turn an unbalanced turbine wheel producing rotary vibration. The more unbalanced the wheel and the faster it turns the greater the centrifugal force produced. In general, properly designed turbine vibrators are much more quiet and efficient than other types of pneumatic rotary vibrators (i.e. ball or roller vibrators).
- Global turbine vibrators are extremely efficient; develop very high RPM and very high frequency vibration. This makes them well suited for moving very fine materials such as dry sand, cement, fine clay, coal by-products, dust, sugar, powder, spices, flour, fine chemicals, and so on.
- Silver Sonic Turbine® vibrators are highly efficient and can operate on just 5 or 10 PSI. This makes them a very practical solution where air resources are limited. Silver Sonic Turbine® are great for food processing, pharmaceutical, and other "clean environment" applications because there is no paint to chip or peel and no oily mist produced, since they require no lubrication.
- It is easy to tune a turbine vibrator to the material being handled. When the frequency of the vibration matches the natural frequency of the material, enhanced flow can be achieved with a minimum of force. This can be achieved by simply increasing the speed gradually (increasing the air flow) until material flow is achieved. This way you obtain the maximum result with the minimum of air consumption and vibrator wear. Once the material moves freely, the vibrator can be turned off until it is needed again.
- Produces Uniform, Directional Flow.
- High Frequency and High Amplitude Vibration.
- Highly Efficient - Revolutionary, patented turbine design will run on just 5 PSI using 1-3 CFM. More efficient than other pneumatic vibrators including other turbine vibrators. At a given pressure, Silver Sonic Turbine® vibrators can produce the same force, with twice as much frequency, while consuming less than 1/5 the amount of air, as a comparatively sized ball vibrator.
- Versatile - Easy to control force and frequency by adjusting air supply.
- Clean Operation - Aluminum housing will not flake or peel. No oily mist because non-lubricated air is used.
- Small, Lightweight - Super light aluminum housing.
- Quiet Operation - Specially engineered one-piece aluminum housing with unique bolthole placement and unprecedented new turbine wheel help maintain low dB's within OSHA guidelines.
- Simple to Mount - Mounting bolts & washers included with vibrator. Optional mount kit speeds the process.
- Easy Maintenance & Repair - High-speed bearings with special grease are designed for long life at high RPM's with no lubrication. TVRK repair kit makes bearing replacement easy.
- Inexpensive to purchase - Mounting bolts, washers and muffler included with vibrator.
- Five-Year Warranty.
- Filtered air. No lubrication required.
- 5 PSI. 1-11.5 CFM.
- Maximum Ambient Temperature = 180°F (82°C).
|SST-12||N/A 40,000 rpm||N/A 2.1 cfm||N/A 272 lbs||N/A 1/8" NPT|
|SST-16||N/A 30,000 rpm||N/A 2.2 cfm||N/A 440 lbs||N/A 1/4" NPT|
|SST-25||N/A 19,000 rpm||N/A 11.5 cfm||N/A 1,000 lbs||N/A 3/8" NPT|
|SST-35||N/A 15,500 rpm||N/A 20.0 cfm||N/A 1863 lbs||N/A 3/8" NPT|