The BM-TSM is an innovative, patent-pending tilt switch used for high level detection of powders and bulk solids. The new BM-TSM tilt switch mounts on the top of the bin and activates an alarm when material rises and tilts the switching mechanism 15 degrees. The shaft of the tilt switch is custom-made in lengths from one foot up to eight feet in length, dependent upon the distance from the top of the bin an alert should be activated. The BM-TSM is available with either a paddle or sphere mounted at the end of the shaft and can be used in materials with a bulk density of at least 15 pounds per cubic foot.
This unique tilt switch can be used as an alternative to a top-mounted rotary level indicator and is suitable for a wide range of solid materials in most any industry. The simple, mechanical design is rugged and operates reliably in a wide range of temperatures and is tough enough to withstand the harshness of granules and lump solid materials. The protective boot protects the tilt mechanism and ensures long operational life. The BM-TSM is easy to install through a 1-1/4” NPT process connection on the roof of the bin and sends an alert status to a horn, light or control panel.
• Mercury-free, easy to install and operate
• Activates an alarm when material rises and tilts the switching mechanism 15 degrees.
• Shafts in custom lengths from 1 foot up to 8 feet
• Available with either a paddle or sphere
• Dual conduit entries for easy wiring
• Installs through a 1-1/4” NPT process connection
• Sends an alert status to a horn, light or control panel
• High level detection of powders and bulk solids in bins, tanks and silos.
• Mounts on the top of the bin as an alternative to an extended rotary
• For materials with a bulk density of at least 15 lb./cu. ft.