The economical and compact Mini-Rotary is designed for controlling material levels in smaller bins and hoppers that contain plastics, food, seed, chemicals and other powder and bulk solid materials. Its small size, yet rugged design allows for use of a level sensor where other types of equipment simply will not fit. Its principle of operation is simple … a slow speed motor rotates the paddle when no material is present. Then, when material comes into contact with the paddle, the paddle stops and an alert – such as a light or horn – will notify the operator the bin is full. When the bin is emptied, the paddle again begins to rotate, alerting the operator that a refill is necessary.
The Mini-Rotary has few moving parts and is simple to install on the side or top of a bin. It is appropriate for a variety of light to heavy materials – allowing for motor torque sensitivity to be easily adjusted. A variety of paddles are available, making it suitable for a wide range of materials. A four-vane polycarbonate paddle is appropriate for light to medium density materials, while a bayonet style polycarbonate paddle is easily insertable and can be used with higher density materials.
• Compact design ideal for small bins, hoppers and feeders
• Simple to install
• No calibration required
• De-energizing motor extends motor life
• Motor slip-clutch prevents gear damage
• Adjustable sensitivity
• 3/4” PF (pipe fitting)
• Optional 4-vane or bayonet type polycarbonate sensing paddles
• Input Voltage: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 1.5 Watts
• Switch: SPDT
• Contact Rating: 3A @ 250 VAC
• Rotary Speed: 1 RPM
• Operating Temp: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
• Wiring Cable: 18 AWG, 12 inch cable
• Mounting: 3/4” PF (pipe fitting)
• Clutch: Magnetic slip clutch prevents damage to motor gears
• Enclosure: Polycarbonate, NEMA 1
• Weight: 0.77 lb.
• Reliable point level detection for bulk solids including powders, pellets and granular materials
• Used in small bins, silos, chutes and conveyors
• Material density from 2 lb./cu. ft. to over 30 lb./cu. ft.
• Feed, seed, grain, food, plastics, chemicals and many other materials