The Model TA is a belt mis-alignment control that provides an indication when a conveyor belt has drifted off to a dangerous misalignment condition. The output contacts of the Model TA can control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
The Model TA is relatively inexpensive protection that provides benefit by saving the time, money, and labor associated with replacing a damaged conveyor belt.
• The housing is cast aluminum, with optional epoxy or polyester powder coatings available. These coatings will provide protection against corrosion that is equal or greater than cast iron.
• The roller is a highly visible red epoxy coated roller of 1-1/4" diameter with nylon bushings.
• The unit is mounted on the conveyor by drilling (3) 13/32" diameter holes.
• General purpose (weatherproof) and explosion proof units have (1) 3/4" NPT conduit opening.
• The standard units have dry, unpowered SP/DT microswitch(es) rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240VAC, and 480 VAC; 1/2 amp at 125 VDC and 1/4 amp at 250 VDC.
• The roller arm can move up to 90 degrees in either direction. Roller is spring loaded to automatically reset itself. Manual reset available as an option.
• The operating temperature range is -40ºF (-40ºC) to 150ºF (65ºC).
• The general purpose units are rated NEMA 4/4X weatherproof and corrosion-resistant, and NEMA 5 dust-tight. Explosionproof units are rated NEMA 7/9 for dust ignitionproof and vapor explosion proof. The dual-rated "D" units are rated NEMA 4 weatherproof and NEMA 9 dust ignition proof.
• The general purpose controls are IP65 compliant.
• Most models are UL listed and CSA certified.